The New Living Translation presents the Give the Word contest and giveaway, a partnership with three great ministries—the Dream Center, Oasis International, and Wycliffe Bible Translators. All three of these ministries Give the Word to people and in places where it is desperately needed, and all three will benefit from the Give the Word contest. Wycliffe Bible Translators translates the Bible into new languages, so everyone can hear the Word of God in their own tongue. Oasis International distributes and publishes affordable Bibles and Christian books throughout Africa, giving greater access to the Word there. And the Dream Center reaches out with Christ’s love to the poor and marginalized in Los Angeles.
Your vote will determine which ministry gets the largest cash grant—up to $5,000. And just for voting, you’ll get a chance to win two NLT Study Bibles—one for you, and one to give away! We’re also going to give you the chance to win Bibles for your favorite ministry, and one Grand Prize Winner will travel to Wycliffe’s world headquarters in Orlando, FL, to experience the exciting world of Bible translation first-hand at the WordSpring Discovery Center, or they can choose to donate the value of that trip to Wycliffe instead.
Learn more about our three ministry partners in the Give the Word Bible Contest and Giveaway:
Wycliffe Bible Translators
Today about 340 million people do not have the Bible in their own language. Wycliffe’s vision is to see the Bible accessible to all people in the language they understand best. To make this vision a reality, Wycliffe also focuses on community development, literacy development and church partnerships.
Our ministry is the distribution of books and Bibles that change lives. We provide affordable books and Bibles on a sustainable basis in Africa, where economic poverty is pervasive and the Church is thirsty for truth.
Oasis concentrates on those areas that have the greatest shortage of Christian literature and Bibles. Currently, we are working in 15 nations of Africa where English is the national language or a major trade language.
The Dream Center
The Dream Center is a non-profit outreach dedicated to helping inner-cities. Our ministry provides hope by meeting both tangible and spiritual needs.
We provide food, clothing, shelter, life rehabilitation, education and job training, Biblical training and much more through our 273 ministries and outreaches. We reach thousands of hurting and needy children, families and adults across all races and cultures each week.
With the Give the Word Bible Contest and Giveaway:
• Ministries win: Each time the NLT Facebook Page reaches a fan count milestone, votes will be tallied and the three ministries will receive cash donations from the New Living Translation and Tyndale House Publishers. Invite your friends to join the contest by voting for your favorite ministry and help us reach our milestones so we can release the donations quickly.
• Daily NLT Study Bible winners: Vote on the NLT Facebook page and you will be entered to win two NLT Study Bibles—one to keep and one to give away. A new winner will be chosen every day.
• Weekly Give the Word Locally winners: Tell us about a deserving local ministry on the NLT Bible Contest website and they could win five NLT Study Bibles and $250 worth of NLT products. A new ministry will be chosen each week, based on your nomination tellling us why that ministry would benefit from the Bibles.
• Everyone wins: Everyone who enters on the Bible Contest website wins a free download of Matthew West reading the Christmas story. This is a great way to share the message of Christmas with friends and family.
• One Grand Prize winner will enjoy a unique trip customized just for them and their family (or three guests of their choice), to Wycliffe Bible Translators world headquarters and the WordSpring Discovery Center where they will experience firsthand the exciting world of Bible translation. The Grand Prize winner could also choose to donate the value of the trip–$2000–to Wycliffe instead. To enter for this Grand Prize, you need to read a passage from the NLT along with the notes from the NLT Study Bible and write a response on the Bible Contest website.
Give the Word
Get started by voting for the ministry that tugs at your heart most, and share this contest with your friends by posting about it on your blog, talking it up on Twitter (hashtag #GiveTheWord), or sharing a link to the NLT Page or this contest on Facebook so that they can learn about how the New Living Translation and these three ministries are helping you Give the Word.